Pizza. I love it, and when I was little, I used to tell my dad that I wished the whole world was covered in Pizza. Most people love it. I would bet that over 75% of all people who cheat on their diets, cheat with Pizza.
Pizza does not fit in well with a low-carb diet. Scraping the toppings off just isn’t the same. Thus, I went searching an alternative.
Cauliflower Crust – the concept is great – but wow, what a lot of work to get everything chopped fine and dried out etc.. The taste? Definitely not delicious according to my taste buds. I need flavor.
IT HAS TO TASTE GOOD.
Enter… the CHICKEN CRUST PIZZA. THIS. IS. DELICIOUS.
There are many varieties of flavors that can be made. I picked a SUPREME Pizza for this entry, but I will list some other flavors that I have tried down below.
What you will need:
- 1 Lb Ground Chicken
- 8 oz Shredded Cheese (Italian blend or mozzarella)
- 1/4 c Parmesan Cheese
- Italian seasonings / pepper / garlic salt
- Pizza Sauce (low carb version – or whatever you have on hand)
- Toppings of your choice (Peppers/onions/sausage/ pepperoni etc etc etc)
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
Mix together: chicken, 1 c of the shredded cheese, Parmesan Cheese, 1 TBSP italian seasonings, 1 t black pepper, 1 t garlic salt
Once you have this all mixed together, place parchment paper on a pizza pan. Spray pan with non-stick spray and prepare to make the “crust” I place a piece of parchment paper on top of the chicken and use my hands to flatten the chicken into my pizza pan – Like this:
Bake for 20 minutes
Can you smell this? – because it smells amazing.
Hint: While this is baking, chop your peppers or onions or whatever you need to top your pizza.
20 minutes later…
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET —->
(there may be some moisture in your pan – you can drain this off before adding your toppings)
NOW – do what you do – add sauce, toppings and then cover in cheese! This pizza has red pepper, green pepper, red onion, sausage and mini pepperoni.
Back in that oven.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees
And there you have your delicious Supreme CHICKEN CRUST PIZZA. Yum.
I make this every single week – it is the perfect travel food to take to work and holds up well for re-heating. It also fills you up quickly because its so full of protein. No guilt allowed with this pizza. It is delicious. Make this and Eat this. OFTEN.
As promised, here are some of my favorite flavors:
- BBQ Chicken pizza: Top with bbq sauce, red onions & cheese
- Margherita : top with sliced roma tomato & fresh Mozzarella – after baking add chopped basil and drizzle balsamic vinegar
- Taco Pizza: top with salsa, taco meat, and cheese – after baking add chopped lettuce, onions and black olives. Dont forget the sour cream! – NO DORITOS.
- Veggie Pizza: Top with all of your favorite Vegetables and cheese
- Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Pizza: Top with roasted garlic, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts and cheese
What are your favorite flavors? Tell me!